IAPCHE collaborated with member institution, Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, to host a conference on "Modeling Christ's Love within Professional Practice," from April 11-13, 2018, at ASB Arena, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
The conference encouraged inter-institutional research, scholarship, networking, collaboration and fellowship, and produced a published e-book and conference presentation resources that capture the papers presented over the three daysl. Conference papers focused on:
- Innovations in Christian Pedagogy and/or Christian Higher Education
- Strengthening Discipleship and/or Leadership within Communities of Practice
- Engaging Christianly with Social, Cultural, and Spiritual Issues of our Day
Speakers in the conference were:
- Dr. Nick Lantinga, Associate Professor of International Studies, Handong Global University, Republic of Korea; former Executive Director of IAPCHE
- Connie Rasilim, Dean of Education, Teachers College and Psychology, Universitas Pelita Harapan, Indonesia
- Rev. Dr. Mele’ana M. Puloka, President of Education within the Ministry of Education in the Free Wesleyan Church of Tonga, Tonga
- Dr. Andrew Smith, Dean of Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Dr. Bev Norsworthy, Head of Teaching and Learning, Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Dr. J. Dinakarlal, Regional Director of IAPCHE Asia-Oceania
A highlight of the conference was the conference dinner celebrating "Life, Hope, & Justice." The dinner celebrated 25 years of BTI delivering Christian tertiary education and provided the opportunity for guests to hear an inspirational story of life, hope and justice from Holocaust survivors, Bob and Freda Narev.
To learn more about the conference, view the 3-day conference program on the conference website here. You may also view the full conference brochure here.